Updating MyBlogLog widget not working

MyBlogLog widget error.Once I read Andy Beard’s feed update on the latest MyBlogLog widget and seeing how cool-looking it was, I immediately rushed to my MBL dashboard and generated the widget code to add into my blog. Unfortunately, the MBL widget that I used, even after updating it according to the instructions in the MBL page, didn’t work; the new code snippet refused to save itself into the widget form. So now I am still stuck with what MLB calls its crusty old Recent Visitors widget.

If you had the same problem as I have but managed to fix the problem, please let me know how you did it.

UPDATE: The problem has been fixed, thanks to Ian and the MBL team. After Ian mentioned about the fix, I only needed to regenerate the code snippet and paste it in the MBL widget for it to work.

Posted on 15 February, 2008 under Discovering WordPress and tagged with , ,

8 responses to “Updating MyBlogLog widget not working”

  1. […] Webgrrl can’t install it, either. Well, here’s your […]

    • Lorna says:

      I wish it was that easy — even using a text widget and pasting the code in it doesn’t display anything on my site.

      Thanks for the suggestion, though.

  2. Ian Kennedy says:

    Thanks for the feedback. We’ll need to upgrade how our script works with the wordpress plug-in. We’ll get that updated and then it should work.

    I’ll let you know when it’s ready.

    Ian
    Product Manager, MyBlogLog

  3. Ian Kennedy says:

    The code’s fixed. You need to go back into MyBlogLog and hit Get Widgets to get the latest code.

    Hope that helps!

    Ian

  4. […] number of folks did have some issues installing the new widget, and getting it to show up as anything other than a blank spot. The fix to the problem seemed to be […]

  5. Andy Beard says:

    I didn’t test it as extensively as you, as I don’t use WordPress widgets or a plugin to include the code.

    Glad to see the MBL guys were on the ball and got it fixed quickly

  6. AdJingo says:

    I’ve had to go back to the older code for the MyBlogLog to accept.
    Hopefully this works because my RSS feed still not showing up – i know – delay!
    Thanks for the post